AdventHealth MRI Technologist Full Time in Tavares, Florida
MRI Technologist Full Time AdventHealth Waterman
Location: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Waterman:
- Join an organization whose mission is "To Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- MAGNETOM Vida 3T MRI with BioMatrix technology offers personalized imaging for each patient.
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization recognized locally and nationally as a healthcare leader
- State of the art comprehensive Cancer Center located on a beautiful lakeside campus only 45 minutes from Orlando
- No state income tax
- Onsite Child Care Center
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
You will be responsible for:
- Obtains, reviews and confirms clearance for all that enter the procedure area, particularly the patient's compatibility with the magnetic field strength & if required, follows protocol for further methods of clearance prior to proceeding.
- Follows protocols and adjusts techniques as required to obtain optimal exam within ACR standards; performs acceptable positioning and properly annotates exam.
- Assists physicians in cases of adverse reaction, performance of interventional/biopsy procedures using sterile technique and in acute emergencies when necessary.
- Completes medical records according to policy & procedures for exams being performed and verifies accuracy of transmitted images to PACS or other designated electronic imaging system.
- Troubleshoots equipment in the event of error, failure, complications, or downtime & follows procedures during such events.
What you will need:
- Basic IV skills.
- Associates degree or technical degree in a related field
- BLS certification from American Heart Association.
- ARRT (MR) certification required
- Must hold state license where applicable.
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.