AdventHealth Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN in Tavares, Florida
* Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN*
* AdventHealth Waterman*
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman*
- Join an organization whose mission is "To Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization recognized locally and nationally as a healthcare leader
- State of the art growing hospital located on a beautiful lakeside campus only 45 minutes from Orlando
- No state income tax
- Onsite Child Care Center
* Work Hours/Shift:*
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Knowledge of all aspects of Nuclear Medicine exams & Nuclear Cardiology exams including therapeutic protocols/procedures, SPECT CT imaging and QA as required on all imaging and ancillary equipment.
- Assists physicians in performance of exams/procedures
- Performs duties in compliance with universal precaution, infection control, medical records charting/documentation and patient safety requirements.
- Obtain required consents, review for accuracy, completeness & verifies information prior to procedure.
- Formulate, calibrate & administer radiopharmaceuticals according to diagnostic & therapeutic protocols.
- Completes medical records according to policy and procedures for exams being performed and transmission of electronic imaging to PACS.
- Troubleshoots equipment in the event of error, failure, complications, or downtime & follows procedures during such events.
- Assess patient abilities to perform tasks for ordered exam, adjusts as needed to provide safe environment for patient & transfers patient with care & comfort.
- Maintains viable venous access during exams requiring administration of IV materials.
What you will need:
- State of Florida Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist License
- ARRT (R)(N) or NMTCB Certification
- BLS from American Heart Association
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs examinations according to established protocols while rendering safe and compassionate care to the patient. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is to assist the physician and/or other clinical staff in performing procedures by utilizing the skills and equipment specific to their profession.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.