All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Direct Patient Care Experience
Work as part of the regular staff on a hospital unit
Mentorship and learning from Nurse Managers & Nurses
Direct path to an AdventHealth Nurse Residency position
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days and Nights
The community you’ll be caring for:
1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nurse Technician performs duties in compliance with the role and responsibilities specific to the competencies learned in Nursing School and under the direct observation of a licensed nurse (RN/LPN). Primary function is to assist with the basic care needs of the patient as well as to perform as assigned clinical skills which may include but are not limited to: basic care routines and procedures, vital signs, and blood glucose check skills. Proactively functions as a team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective patient care. Will assist in the care of the following patient populations, geriatrics, adult, adolescent and pediatric patients. Adheres to the essential practices for excellence in hand hygiene. Responsible to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
·Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living (ADL’s). Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
· Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner. These may include:
· Obtain and document vital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nurse in a prompt manner.
· Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
· Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output information for assigned patient areas.
· Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients
· Inspects skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventive measures per wound/skin protocol and communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
· Carries out unit routines including but not limited to the following: Pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within a safe reach at all times. Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
· Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
· Discontinues Ng tube per hospital policy as directed by licensed nurse
· Completes basic care treatments and documentation as directed by licensed nurse. Maintains a safe environment: observation rounds; keep halls clear of obstacles.
· Nurse Techs working in the Emergency Department may start IV's following satisfactory competency.
· EVERY HOUR: Conducts intentional patient safety/comfort rounds, assessing the “5 P’s”, in assigned patient areas.
· PROMPTLY responds to patient call lights and basic patient care needs. Immediately notifies nurse of any situation/observation, which would require nursing evaluation.
· Transports patient as directed by health care team.
· Demonstrates competence in performing the following clinical skills and procedures as delegate:
· Obtains blood glucose results, informs the nurse of the results and documents the results per procedure; can perform blood glucose controls.
· Discontinues foley/straight catheter using sterile technique in both the male and female patient per licensed nurse instructions following hospital policy.
· Remove Sutures/Staples per licensed nurse instructions following hospital policy.
· Obtains and provides patient incentive spirometer, educates on use per licensed nurse instructions following hospital policy.
· Demonstrates the ability to organize, prioritize and complete the various tasks duties and routines of a busy patient care workload in a timely manner.
· Notifies the Department Nurse Manager or shift Clinical Leader and the appropriate Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse of any deviation from routine or assigned tasks for assistance and review.
· Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, facility and interdisciplinary health care team.
· Demonstrates knowledge and competence in communicating and providing basic are to the following age specific patient populations: the geriatric patient, the adult patient and the adolescent patient in a caring, compassionate manner.
· Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide care to the following scope of patients, but not limited to, the medical patient, the orthopedic patient, the pre and post-surgical patient, and the telemetry monitored patient.
· Demonstrates knowledge, competence and compassion in the care of patients with pain. Observes for and provides age-appropriate comfort measures to all patients within the scope of practice. Communicates all observed (verbal and nonverbal) and reported complaints of pain to the appropriate nurse and charge nurse.
· Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers, discharges, pre-ops and post-ops patients per hospital routines.
· Notifies charge nurse and nurse promptly upon completion of admission, transfer/discharge of patient.
· Assists the licensed nurse with the transferring of patients to other health care facilities. Copies appropriate parts of the patient’s medical record needed for transfer or discharge.
· Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the use of diversional activities, the monitoring activities of patients in restraints, the application of restraints and removal of restraints.
· Demonstrate ability to utilize time in a productive and effective manner to meet the needs of the nursing unit both independently and under the direction and guidance of the nurse. Readily assists nursing personnel as needed and instructed throughout shift.
· Demonstrates ability to benefit from coaching, guidance, counseling and constructive feedback concerning job performance and responsibilities.
· Provides clerical Unit Liaison assistance as needed. Utilizes Electronic Medical Record computer system.
· Reports malfunctioning of equipment and process work orders per policy
· When assigned, responsible for daily documentation of daily refrigerator temps and weekly cleaning of unit refrigerators and staff lounges.
· End of shift routines including replacing all filled red and clear/brown trash bags in assigned patient rooms and nursing stations. Places filled bags into the soil utility room for removal by the environmental department.
· Assists in proper care and maintenance in the use of all unit and patient care equipment: i.e., keeps thermometers, blood glucose machines in clean working order per procedure and routines; keeps VS4s and IV pumps plugged into the wall (in the “off” mode), maintains proper storage of various patient equipment such as telemetry units, orthopedic equipment, traction, and CPM machines.
· Transports specimens to the lab and runs errands as needed and directed.
· Sits and observes patients as assigned in a one-to-one sitter clinical setting.
· Floats as assigned to another unit within the department and outside of the department in a supportive and positive manner.
· Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
· Responds to the codes within the hospital, including but not limited to Code response as assigned and follows direction provided
· Other related miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by the NURSE MANAGER and/or shift CLINICAL LEADER.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required
· Must be currently enrolled in a school of nursing program or has completed a nursing program within one (1) year and has not obtained their license for Registered Nurse.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support Card
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041175
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $17.605 - $17.605
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 23041175
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day