AdventHealth Nursing Administrative Supervisor Full Time Nights in TAVARES, Florida
Nursing Administrative Supervisor Full Time Nights
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
Competitive Hourly Rate
Amazing Organization to work for
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Facilitates thru put in facility and including all entry points of admission and discharge. Applies EMTALA principles.
· Collaborates with nursing leadership to remove barriers to thru put, patient experience and all nursing operations.
· Leads huddle at designated times to ensure accurate staffing, address issues among nursing units and provide news and updates. Orders and cancels agency personnel.
· Conducts unit/staff rounds every two hours in all patient care areas. Provides rounding support to the Emergency department with fluctuating census.
· Assigns census level per Bed Placement-Over Capacity/Surge policy.
· Timely in decision making.
· Assist with de-escalation and conflict with patient/family members. Rounds and addresses the ED waiting areas to keep patients/family informed.
· Responds to all facility codes, assuming specific role in each. Facilitates STEMI Process and Stroke Alert Process.
· Collaborates with Staffing/Nursing leadership to direct staffing per staffing grid. Adjustments according to acuity.
· Assists with patient care as needed. Accepts physicians’ orders.
· Enforces facility and departmental policies and procedures.
· Computer data entry as required.
· Maintains on call schedules and facilitates on call procedures/surgeries for OR, Endo, Cath lab, nuclear med and ultrasound.
· Procures medical records, supplies, pharmacy, dietary as needed.
· Demonstrates ability to facilitate change.
· Interprets and directs the implementation of nursing philosophy and objectives, departmental policies and procedures. Applies recognized standards of nursing care and practice.
· Reviews budget and provides input for assigned area. Responsible for adherence to approved budget.
· Responsible for direct management of assigned direct reports. Prepares and presents annual performance reviews for all assigned team in collaboration with the Director
· Monitors and evaluates operations for compliance with licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards with HR assistance.
· Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
· Mentors and develops leaders and employees for further responsibilities and growth
· Role models and enforces AdventHealth Waterman standards of behavior.
What will you need?
· Graduate of accredited School of Nursing, AS or Diploma.
· Leadership experience as a charge nurse or supervisor
· Registered Nurse currently licensed in Florida.
· Certified in life saving competency skills. BLS/ACLS
The RN House Supervisor is the designated nursing administrative supervisor on duty 24 hours per day and 7 days per week who applies recognized standards of practice and nursing care. They serve to facilitate thru put at all levels of the hospital and work with all departments to ensure quality, safe care is administered. The Supervisor monitors staffing levels and employee relations at all times. The supervisor is instrumental in process improvement which includes providing direct staff coaching and follow up with individual unit leadership. The house supervisor works closely with physicians, effective, positive communication is essential.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.