AdventHealth Occupational Therapist Outpatient Full Time in Tavares, Florida
Occupational Therapist Outpatient Full Time
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Reviews physician’s referral, patient’s condition and medical records to determine potential plan of care.
· Administers, scores, and interprets special tests specific to occupational therapy.
· Plans and prepares a timely written/typed functional plan of care based on a timely written/typed evaluation, re-evaluation, or progress report of the patient data.
· Confers with physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrates treatment with other aspects of patient’s health care.
· Administers treatments as discussed in the plan of care involving application of physical agents, and manual techniques to improve and maintain swallow function. Instructs, motivates, and assists patient in habilitative and rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency, and provides counseling and guidance and language development therapy to handicapped individuals.
· Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home, and educates patient and family regarding patient’s condition, progress, or lack thereof, and documents such in the patient chart.
· Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit and outcome
· Provide for the patient’s safety and well-being in all therapeutic or transporting activities
· Records treatment, charges, response, progress and discharge disposition in patient’s chart in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates required productivity with appropriate time management and organizational abilities in response to changing work volume.
· Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of technicians/aides, and students, and appropriately delegates work to each as able
· May plan and conduct lectures and training programs on physical therapy and related topics for medical staff, hospital staff, department staff, and community groups.
· Clean work area and check and store equipment after treatment.
· Maintains competencies as determined by department
· Attends staff meetings, team building and in-service training
What You Will Need:
· Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
· Must possess a valid Florida Occupational Therapy license.
· Active BLS Certification
Occupational therapist will evaluate, create plan of care, provide training in activities of daily living and monitor patient progress. Occupational therapist will work with patients with varied diagnoses.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.