AdventHealth Pharmacy Technician I PRN in Tavares, Florida
- Join an organization whose mission is "To Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization recognized locally and nationally as a healthcare leader
- No state income tax
- Onsite Child Care Center
Variable days/evenings/weekends/holiday coverage as needed
- Assists the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications.
- Prepares sterile products such as IV solutions, piggyback containers, and cytotoxic drugs, irrigations, TPN's, epidurals, prefilled syringes, reconstituting of medicals under aseptic conditions.
- Able to retrieve and read medication orders in the pharmacy information system.
- Accurately refills Pyxis MedStation; accurately conducts inventory of Pyxis MedStation and accurately loads and unloads medications to/from Pyxis as directed ty the Director or supervisor.
- Re-orders medications and supplies as needs are identified.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory, including checking for expiration dates, rotation of stock, and proper handling of medications.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have basic computer knowledge and skills
- Pharmacy experience or pharmacy coursework
- FL Registered Pharmacy Technician license
- Pharmacy Technician Certification within 6 months of hire or Pharmacy Intern Licensure
The Pharmacy Technician, working under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, performs delegated duties, tasks and functions associated with the provision of pharmacy services within the hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.