AdventHealth Registered Nurse Educator in Tavares, Florida
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Excellent healthcare & benefits
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs daily operation of education activities for Critical Care areas.
- Leads education development and coordination for initiatives identified by learning needs assessments, Critical Care Director and Managers.
- Participates as needed in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
- Works collaboratively with Education Department and other clinical educators on shared initiatives. Works collaboratively and seeks input and participation from medical staff.
- Responsible for providing continuing education, in-service education, and assisting with policy revisions.
- Responsible for clinical mentoring, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management.
- Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training.
- Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with Critical Care Director and Managers.
- Provides educational counseling to staff related to their career progression and/or pathway in collaboration with Critical Care Director and Managers.
- Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for new staff to Critical Care. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates the departmental orientation process and provides follow-up in collaboration with the individual staff member and the Critical Care Director and Managers.
- Must possess AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must possess AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or in progress
- Three or more years hospital Critical Care nursing experience
- Active State of Florida RN License
- CCRN Certification at hire or within two years of assuming educator position
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence within Critical Care Services through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing educational competencies and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.