AdventHealth Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Full Time Nights $10,000 Sign-On Bonus $3,000 Relocation Assistance in Tavares, Florida
Registered Nurse Med Surg Full Time Nights AdventHealth Waterman
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman:
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
Full Time Nights, 7pm-7am and rotating weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs nursing assessments and data collection for patients focusing on the physiological, cultural, psychological, spiritual and cognitive status of the patient. Nursing assessments include the family or significant others as needed.
· Develops and implements a plan of care that is individualized and goal directed based on patient needs and standards of care. Evaluates and revises the plan of care as defined by policy.
· Knowledgeable of and performs technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of assignment.
· Collaborates and partners with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care.
· Supervises and delegates care given by members of the health care team.
· Records care, patient condition and interventions taken in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives.
· Demonstrates effective problem resolution skills. Advocates and supports patients and families to receive the care and treatment needed as identified in the plan of care.
· Participates in departmental or hospital performance improvement activities
· Utilizes equipment and supplies in a safe, responsible manner.
· Completes initial and annual clinical competencies assessments.
· Provides patient/family education and training based on each patient’s needs and abilities
· Focuses on achieving an excellent patient/family experience of care by actively participating in all initiatives and behaviors expected of AdventHealth Waterman employees.
· Attends 75% or more of department staff meetings, reads notices and emails related to hospital/department information on a regular basis.
What You Will Need:
· Graduate of a School of Nursing, Associates Degree or Diploma.
· Current Florida RN license or if New graduate, offer contingent on passing
· Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
· Current AHA ACLS at time of hire for ED, ICU, CVICU, PCU, OR,
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological
support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients during a designated time frame. The RN provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility and the Florida State Board of Nursing Practice Act.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.