All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
The community you’ll be caring for:
1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients during a designated time frame. The RN provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility and the Florida State Board of Nursing Practice Act.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Performs nursing assessments and data collection for patients focusing on the physiological, cultural, psychological, spiritual and cognitive status of the patient. Nursing assessments include the family or significant others as needed.
· Develops and implements a plan of care that is individualized and goal directed based on patient needs and standards of care. Evaluates and revises the plan of care as defined by policy.
· Knowledgeable of and performs technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of assignment.
· Collaborates and partners with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care.
· Supervises and delegates care given by members of the health care team.
· Records care, patient condition and interventions taken in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives.
· Demonstrates effective problem resolution skills. Advocates and supports patients and families to receive the care and treatment needed as identified in the plan of care.
· Participates in departmental or hospital performance improvement activities
· Utilizes equipment and supplies in a safe, responsible manner.
· Completes initial and annual clinical competencies assessments.
· Provides patient/family education and training based on each patient’s needs and abilities
· Focuses on achieving an excellent patient/family experience of care by actively participating in all initiatives and behaviors expected of AdventHealth Waterman employees.
· Attends 75% or more of department staff meetings, reads notices and emails related to hospital/department information on a regular basis.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Prior hospital/acute care nursing experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Graduate of a School of Nursing, Associates Degree or Diploma.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN or Bachelor in Healthcare related field
· MSN or Masters in Healthcare related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current Florida RN license or if New graduate, offer contingent on passing NCLEX
· Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
· Current AHA ACLS at time of hire for ED, ICU, CVICU, PCU, OR, PACU, MED/SURG Observation Unit, Endoscopy, and Surgical Services, Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept., Cardio DI, Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab
· Obtain AHA ACLS within 90 days of hire – OB/GYN
· Current AHA NRP certification for Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept.
· Current AHA PALS certification for ED, Pediatrics, PACU
Obtain AHA PALS within 90 days of hire - Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept. and OB/GYN
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· National certification in areas of practice
· Member of National Professional Organization
· Current AHA PALS - ASU
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Waterman
Req ID: 23007145
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.