AdventHealth Respiratory Therapist III Registered FT Nights $15,000 Sign on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation Potential in Tavares, Florida
You will be responsible for:
You will be responsible for:
- Supervise the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Serves a resource to staff. Trains and instructs cardiopulmonary and other staff. Helps to supervise student preceptorship program. May serve as BLS, ACLS, PALS and/or NRP instructor.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Re-evaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases and capillary blood. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
What you will need:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of hospital experience as RRT.
- Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program.
- AS degree or equivalent is required.
- Current FL Registered Respiratory Therapist license.
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- NRP must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
The Respiratory Therapist III provides routine, emergent and critical cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Takes responsibility as charge therapist covering in a supervisory capacity in the absence of a charge. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.