AdventHealth Respiratory Therapist Registered Full Time Evenings in Tavares, Florida
Respiratory Therapist Registered Full Time Evenings
Location: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Waterman:
- Join an organization whose mission is "To Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- $15,000 Sign On Bonus available; $3000 Relocation available if moving 50 miles or more
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization recognized locally and nationally as a healthcare leader
- State of the art comprehensive Cancer Center located on a beautiful lakeside campus only 45 minutes from Orlando
- No state income tax
- Onsite Child Care Center
Full Time Evenings/Split Shift
You will be responsible for:
Patient Assessments within the scope of practice and in accordance with department and hospital patient care policies including but not limited to isolation precautions, fall assessment/prevention, skin and wound assessment, patient service needs
Notifies Lead of questionable situations and contraindications to respiratory therapy, alerts supervisor and / or advises physician accordingly. Reviews medical record, performs clinical evaluation and guides and records treatment plan
- Identifies educational needs for patients and family
- Routinely works general floor area. Responds to all Codes / RRT’s as assigned, and performs CPR per American Heart Association Guidelines and AdventHealth Waterman policies
Arterial Blood Gas Puncture, Analysis and Technical interpretation as well as reporting of critical values during work shift
- Routine Spirometry
Therapeutics: Performs multiple therapies / modalities according to appropriate guidelines, policies and in accordance with Physician order
Oxygen (Protocols and equipment s / u, portable O2)
- Medication Administration and Atelectasis Prevention
- Non-Invasive Ventilation Management
- Patient Driven Protocols
- Airway Clearance Therapies
Patient & Family Education
- COPD signs & symptoms
- MDI utilization
- Incentive spirometry
- CHF signs & symptoms
- BiPAP / CPAP application
- Resources for CPAP, Smoking Cessation etc.
Departmental Duties (in accordance with policies / procedures)
Shift to shift report (Face to face)
- Must attend bedside rounds with physician when applicable
- Complete Patient Documentation
- Equipment and supply assessment
- Maintain department cleanliness and order
- Ensures cleaning / set up of equipment prior to leaving
- Exemplary customer (patient and family) service according to Standards of Behaviors
- Interacts within the department, intra-departmentally, and with physicians in a professional, respectful manner using the Standards of Behaviors
What you will need:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care program with an A.S. degree or equivalent
- Must be licensed by the State of Florida as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Requires current BLS, ACLS, PALS upon hired.
- NRP must be obtained within 90 days.
- Must have 1 years critical care experience
Provides routine, emergent, and diagnostic care under the direct order of a physician for the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The Respiratory Therapist must demonstrate skills in clinical judgment, professional qualities, service and communication. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.