AdventHealth RN Pharmacy Assistant Nurse Manager Waterman in Tavares, Florida
RN Pharmacy Assistant Nurse Manager AdventHealth Waterman
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Waterman
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Great benefits
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Consistently demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of ICARE. Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics, and the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice.
- * Lead the Employees –*
Has a working knowledge of performance expectationsfor assigned micro team.
- Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- The reassignment of employees for the betterment of patient care delivery.
- Suspension or other discipline (after consultation with HR and/or NM) for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority.
- Perform evaluations/validation of supervised employees.
- Recommends promotion of supervised employees, recommends bonuses and awarding of other discretionary rewards to supervised employees.
- The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work overtime scheduling, and other work-related matters.
Holds self and staff accountable for delivery of care and resulting patient outcomes.
* Performance Improvement*
- Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
Is actively involved in all aspects of patient safety on the unit including but not limited to; sentinel event monitoring and reporting, root cause analysis, Joint Commission requirements, incident reporting, medication safety policies and procedures.
* Critical Thinking –*
Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an Assistant Nurse Manager:
Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
Utilizes data driven decision making, incorporating evidence into the decision process
* Business of Healthcare Delivery*
– Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics and healthcare public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care
Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
Is involved in unit-department based budgeting and support of the budget/Productivity management
* Technology –*
Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit
Appropriately integrates technology into the day-to-day care of the patient and leverage technology to improve patient care outcomes
* Clinical Practice Knowledge*
– Is an expert in the clinical practice requirements of their unit.
Mentors and precepts employees in the clinical practice requirements of the unit
Assures appropriate application of clinical knowledge in the care of all patients
* Relationships and Behaviors*
– Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit
Utilizes active listening, feedback, inquiry, and validation in communicating with others in relation to meeting the goals of the unit.
Understands the functions of a group process. Is able to facilitate effective groups for the delivery of nursing care and for collaboration with other disciplines.
– Demonstrates a professional persona in their work.
Acts as a role model for positive, professional behavior
- Maintains the confidentiality of employees, patients, administration, and medical staff information with no infractions
- Attends mandatory in-services and either attends or reads notes from unit meetings.
- Meets established educational requirements of the position and strive to continue education as appropriate. Maintains own competency.
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED* * :*
- Ability to lead the employees of their unit in the delivery of patient care
- Ability to lead performance improvement initiatives on their assigned unit
- Ability to think critically in relation to the operations of the unit and delivery of patient care
- Ability to manage the business of healthcare delivery on their unit
- Ability to assess and manage financial practices on assigned unit/Productivity management.
- Able to assist and mentor others in relation to the technology utilized on the unit
- Excellent clinical practice knowledge and is able to apply this knowledge to the unit setting
- Ability to influence relationships and behaviors in relation to meeting the needs of the unit
- Acts as a role model for professionalism on their assigned unit of employment
- Specific skills as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree or
Diploma in Nursing (BSNrequiredwithin 4 yrs.) + Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
- Current licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse (RN).
- Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Current AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current AHA NRP certification for Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept.
- Current AHA PALS certification for Pediatrics Dept, ED, PACU.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The Assistant Nurse Manager is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The Assistant Nurse Manager assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of changes that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.