AdventHealth Security Officer - Full Time - Nights in Tavares, Florida
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- Career growth and advancement potential
- No State income tax
- Competitive Pay and benefits
Full Time, Nights, 6p - 6a alternating weekends.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Routinely patrols hospital buildings and campus grounds
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. Facilitates planned drills and simulations
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Documents and manages security records
- Locks and unlocks doors according to schedule. Ensures all buildings are secured after-hours according to the lockdown schedule.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients and/or visitors
- Follows facility protocol regarding Baker Act patients
- Responds to and coordinates emergency code activity
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree with course work in security, law enforcement, or emergency management, OR
- Technical college certificate in a criminal justice or related field, OR
- One year of security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), firefighting, or military experience
- State of Florida Class E driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth Policy
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Training Certification. If applicant is not currently certified, must be completed within the first 180 days of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.