AdventHealth Senior Nurse Tech LPN-M/S Observation Unit in Tavares, Florida
- Join a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Gain Experience in the Hospital and Network with Nursing Staff
- Career Growth and Development
- May perform the duties in compliance with the role and responsibilities specific to the Senior Nurse Technician in which demonstrated competency under the direct observation of a licensed nurse (RN). Primary function is to assist with the basic care needs of the patient as well as to perform as assigned clinical skills which may include but are not limited to basic care routines and procedures, vital signs, accucheck skills. Proactively functions as a team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective patient care. Will assist in the care of the following patient populations; geriatrics, adult, adolescent and pediatric patients. Adheres to the essential practices for excellence in hand hygiene. Responsible to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living (ADL's). Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner. These may include:
- Obtain and document vital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nurse in a prompt manner.
- Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
- Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output information for assigned patient areas.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Inspects skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventive measures per wound/skin protocol and communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse
- Carries out unit routines including but not limited to the following: Pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within a safe reach at all times. Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
- Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
- Maintains a safe environment: observation rounds; keep halls clear of obstacles.
- EVERY HOUR: Conducts intentional patient safety/comfort rounds, assessing the "5Ps", in assigned patient areas.
- PROMPTLY responds to patient call lights and basic patient care needs. Immediately notifies nurse of any situation/observation, which would require nursing evaluation.
- Transports patient as directed by health care team.
- Demonstrates competence in performing the following clinical skills and procedures as delegate:
- Obtains the patient's accucheck results, informs the nurse of the results and documents the results per procedure; can perform accucheck controls.
- Other related miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by the CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER and/or shift CLINICAL LEADER
What You Will Need:
- Must demonstrate ability and understanding of the age specific care requirements of the following patient populations, geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric patient - such as i.e. proper size/selection of patient equipment, communication and safety needs. Requires close attention and mental effort in carrying out the multiple assigned duties, recording of blood pressures, I & O, obtaining and documenting accucheck results, and distributing and collecting dietary trays.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.