AdventHealth SPD Tech Full Time Days in Tavares, Florida
- Immediate health benefits
- Flexible schedule
- State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Rotates assignments amount various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly, sterilization processes, and management of supplies and equipment. Assesses work flow and communicate with managers when there is a backlog of instrumentation in one area that will impact process flow.
- Properly identifies and segregates reusable items for decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization. Selects proper cleaning methods for pre-cleaning and cleaning instrumentation, power tools and equipment sent to Sterile Processing based upon manufacturer’s instructions for use. Disassembles and inspects items for damage or missing components. Correctly and safely operated all equipment in the decontamination area ensuring that all standards for personal protective equipment and prevention of body fluid exposure are adhered to at all times. Monitors non-certified personnel in the department to ensure adherence to protocols are maintained.
- Accurately assembles instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items by selecting the appropriate items, trays and instruments and records information in computer monitor system or paper instrument count sheet. Collaborates with clinical department leaders to ensure that missing instrumentation is located, and trays are completed. Takes corrective action to repair and/or replace broken items. Performs QA on instruments and trays as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the sterile processing environment required. Preferred graduate of a surgical technology program or military instrument processing training program.
- Experience with decontamination and sterilization processes and equipment.
- Must become certified within 6 months of employment. Certification through IAHCSMM (International Association for Healthcare Central Service and Materials Management or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and distribution.
Under supervision of the Sterile Processing Nurse Manager, the Sterile Processing Technician will provide thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and/or sterilized instrument trays and equipment. Trays will be accurately assembled according to the established tray list. Works with customers to maintain adequate inventory of trays and to prioritize processing of trays as needed; maintains specialty carts and other supplies per department specific guidelines as well as maintaining equipment per manufacturer’s instructions for use. Responsible for use of all decontamination and sterilization equipment, can troubleshoot minor issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Delivers quality process instrumentation and performs Quality Checks..
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.