AdventHealth Student Nurse Tech PRN in Tavares, Florida
Student Nurse Technician AdventHealth Waterman
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
- Join a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Gain Experience in the Hospital and Network with Nursing Staff
- Determine Area of Interest for GN program and Future RN Positions
- Flexible Scheduling Around School Schedule
- Career Growth and Development
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living (ADL's). Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output information for assigned patient areas.
- Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
- Obtain and document vital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nurse in a prompt manner.
- Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner. These may include:
- Communicates patient information.
- Works effectively as a team member
- Adapts to change in workload
- Other related miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by the Clinical Nurse Manager and/or shift Clinical Leader
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Must Have Current AHA BLS
- Must be Currently Enrolled in and Attending an Accredited Nursing Program (or)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN
- Must demonstrate ability and understanding of the age specific care requirements of the following patient populations, geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric patient - such as i.e. proper size/selection of patient equipment, communication and safety needs. Requires close attention and mental effort in carrying out the multiple assigned duties, recording of blood pressures, I & O, obtaining and documenting accucheck results, and distributing and collecting dietary trays.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.