AdventHealth Surgery Scheduler PRN in Tavares, Florida
Surgical Scheduler PRN AdventHealth Waterman
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Waterman
- Flexible schedule
- State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
Per Diem, Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Answers phone calls and retrieves faxes to schedule surgical procedures efficiently and accurately.
- Schedules pre-op appointments for patients having surgery via surgeon’s office or by contacting patient.
- Retrieves correct CPT codes from surgeons’ offices to schedule surgical procedure. Inputs this data into system before issuing FIN.
- Uses “Medicare Inpatient Only” CPT coding book to determine if inpatient surgeries are registered correctly.
- Screen Medicare patients, total joint and spine surgeries in conjunction with Medical Records prior to scheduling to make sure all documentation is complete.
- Schedules procedure for Surgery, Endoscopy, Heart, Interventional Radiology and PICC line insertions.
- Assists Centralized Scheduling by blocking Anesthesia time as needed for Radiology procedures.
- Notifies vendors of surgery cases requiring special equipment and/or implants as well as time changes and cancellations of surgeries.
- Monitors/maintains and makes changes to Surgery Block Schedule as told by the Director of Surgical Services.
What You Will Need:
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:*
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology required, including CPT codes.
- Knowledge and developed computer skills. Good telephone skills and phone etiquette.
- Good communication skills including ability to comprehend verbal instructions.
- Ability to work under stress. Ability to multi-task. Attention to detail.
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:*
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Prior Medical office experience
_ EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:_
- Surgical Technician or operating room training/experience.
- Medical Assistant or Medical Office Training.
- Prior Hospital Experience
- Medical coding/Medical Transcription/Medical Records experience.
Performs the duties of scheduling surgical services cases, working with the surgeons, surgeons’ offices and the surgical services leadership.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.