AdventHealth Surgical Technologist II PRN OB Unit in Tavares, Florida
* Surgical Technologist II PRN Mother Baby Unit AdventHealth Waterman*
* Location Address:* 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman:*
- Competitive hourly pay
- State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
* Work Hours/Shift:*
PRN Day Shift
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Provides and maintains a safe, physical environment.
- Adheres to AORN and AAMI Standards when working in the Operating Room and Sterile Processing.
- Displays working knowledge of surgical procedures and equipment/supplies.
- Follows department and hospital policies and regulatory standards.
- Maintains aseptic technique at all times.
- Carries out responsibilities in appropriate manner.
- Works collaboratively as a member of the surgical team
- Manages workload.
- Proficient and safe use of equipment.
* What You Will Need:*
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Surgical Technologist in an Operating Room
- Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association
- Surgical Technology Certification
* Job Summary:*
The Surgical Technologist II is responsible for the assembly, set-up, maintenance, and breakdown of the sterile field including instruments, equipment, and supplies used for surgical cases. They assist the surgeons, and other members of the surgical team as appropriate within their scope of practice. The surgical technologist also participates in the care of the surgical patient.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.