All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : As Needed
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Waterman – 1000 Waterman Way. Tavares, FL 32778
The role you’ll contribute: The unit clerk serves as the primary greeter for the unit in effort to exemplify the unit culture for visitors, patients, and physicians. This team member provides unit awareness by observing people coming and going from unit. Facilitate communication among the clinical team and provide unit organization with the Assistant Nurse Manager.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Greets all who enter the unit and offers help
· Conducts all non-stat consult phone calls based on physician orders and documents
· Answers patient call lights observing correct communication techniques
· Answers phones and demonstrates positive communication with all. Operates communication system.
· Maintains inventory.
· Facilitates all new admits to the unit including paperwork assembling and unit awareness of new patients
· Maintains department logs
· Retrieves and distributes unit mail.
· Maintains an orderly working environment.
· Maintains confidentiality
· Makes assignments for oncoming shifts
· Communicates with house supervisor and bed placement.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Must be proficient in the English language.
· Pleasant telephone manner and organizational skills
· Basic computer skills and medical terminology
· Positive communication skills
· Solution oriented
· Prior hospital experience preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23035204
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $16.59 - $16.59
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 23035204
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day