All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days - 6 AM to 2:30 PM
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Waterman - 1000 WATERMAN WAY, Tavares, 32778
The role you’ll contribute: The Utility Technician transports soiled linen and regular waste, pharmaceutical waste and bio-hazardous waste in accordance with department and facility policy and procedures as they relate to waste handling and linen handling. Maintains areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its members and corporate. Adheres to all policies and procedures set by facility and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Transport soiled linen and regular waste, pharmaceutical waste and bio-hazardous waste in accordance with department and facility policy and procedures as they relate to waste handling and linen handling. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
· Properly utilizes personal protective equipment in all aspects of job performance
· Assist in cleanup of emergency spills as requested or observed. Monitor and report any equipment issues or shortages
· Adjust to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas
· Utilizes Team-through-put/Bed Management system to maintain productive flow of beds and patients. Call in and out as required
· Interact with patients/customers in an appropriate manner in relation to age-based competencies.
· Perform other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High school degree or GED equivalent
· One year of custodial experience in a commercial setting
· Ability to read, to write, to communicate and understand instructions given in English
· Knowledge of environmental services equipment and chemicals used by the department
· Basic computer skills to include the use of mouse and keyboard
· Ability to maintain equipment and work areas in clean, safe condition
· Ability to climb and work on a ladder.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Environmental Services
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039824
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $15 - $18
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 23039824
Job Family: Environmental Services
Shift: 1 - Day