AdventHealth Behavioral Health Tech - PRN Various shifts in Texas, United States
Behavioral Tech PRN - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address:2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
* Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX*
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
* Work Hours/Shift:*
PRN / Various
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
· Perform and documentation of temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
·Perform and documentation of Q 15 minute and one-to-one patient monitoring.
·Documentation of patient behaviors.
·Facilitate and documentation of groups.
· Conducts safety rounds, contraband searches, ensuring units are clean, orderly, and free of potential safety hazards.
* What You Will Need:*
·High school graduate required.
· BLS required
·Bedside Mobile Workstations (BMW), restraint /seclusion beds, chair and equipment, video-monitoring, computer, scanner, fax machine, copier, flipcharts, multi-line/feature telephone, DVD, printer, calculator, AED, vital sign machine.
* Job Summary:*
The Behavioral Health Technician performs direct patient care activities that are developmental and age specific for the population served under the direction of a Registered Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse. This care is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned.This position directly reports to the Lead BHT / Evening Nurse Charge / Nurse Manager.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.