All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Pet Insurance*
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full-Time, Hybrid, 2 to 3 days onsite weekly
Locations: Altamonte Springs, Winter Park and Kissimmee
Shift : Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
The community you’ll be caring for:
The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
The Trickle Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision of the Director of Clinical Documentation Integrity and in some situations the supervision of the Clinical Documentation Integrity Manager, and in collaboration with physicians, nursing and HIM coders, the Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) strategically facilitates and obtains appropriate and quality physician documentation for any clinical conditions or procedures to support the appropriate severity of illness, expected risk of mortality, and complexity of care of the patient.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates extending the healing ministry of Christ, through behavioral whole care standards of love me, make it easy, own it and keep me safe to every person they meet. Delivers exceptional care and strives for excellence. Committed to improving the health, prosperity and well-being of the communities we serve. Uphold the highest standards, with integrity driving every decision made and every action taken. Guided by relentless stewardship in the management of resources entrusted to them.
· Reviews concurrent medical record for compliance including completeness and accuracy for severity of illness (SOI), risk of mortality (ROM) and quality.
· Completes accurate and timely record review to ensure the integrity of documentation compliance. Completes accurate and concise input of data into CDI Software resulting in accurate metrics obtained through the reconciliation process. Understands and supports CDI documentation strategies (Upon completion of didactic training) and continues to educate self and team members, by attending monthly mandated education sessions and using educational tools, videos and provided Webinars
· Recognizes opportunities for documentation improvement using strong critical-thinking skills. Uses critical thinking and sound judgment in decision making keeping quality considerations in balance with regulatory compliance. Initiates/formulates CDI severity worksheets and clinically credible clarifications for inpatients, sending/presenting opportunities for improved documentation compliance to physicians, nurse practitioners and other clinical team members.
· Transcribes documentation clarifications as appropriate for SOI, ROM, PSI, HCCs and HACs to ensure documentation compliance is accomplished.
· Strategically educates members of the patient-care team regarding documentation regulations and guidelines, including physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and collaboration with the healthcare team. This includes quarterly and annual compliance updates from Medicare.
· Effectively and appropriately communicates with physicians and other healthcare providers as necessary to ensure appropriate, accurate and complete clinical documentation. Communicates with HIM staff and collaborates with them to resolves discrepancies with DRG assignments and other coding issues.
· Completes well-timed follow-up case reviews on all concurrent cases with priority given for resolution of those with clinical documentation clarifications.
· Participates in department meetings, including feedback on outstanding issues, presentations for educational opportunities and any other needs identified by the CDI leaders.
· Assumes personal responsibility for professional growth, development and continuing education to maintain a high level of proficiency.
· Demonstrates competence in chart audits
· Correctly identifies physician clarification opportunities
· Proficient in formulating valid clarifications that are easily understood by physicians and other members of the medical team.
· Accurately reconciles all cases in CDI database.
· Maintains a 95% physician response rate to all valid clarifications.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum of one to two years' experience working as a Clinical Documentation Specialist
Five years of acute care nursing experience with specific medical/surgical, Intensive Care, post-acute care unit, or Emergency Department experience
Current active State license as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant or an unlicensed physician who has graduated from a medical school that is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (World Directory) as meeting eligibility requirements for its graduates to apply to the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for ECFMG Certification and examination at the time of graduation.
Education and Experience :
BSN or higher
CCDS (Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist) certification
CDIP (Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner) certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Clinical/Medical Informatics
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23043383
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Virtual, USA
Job ID: 23043383
Job Family: Clinical/Medical Informatics
Shift: 1 - Day