AdventHealth RN Hospice PRN Weekends in United States
Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
CTMC's CREATION Health Institute at http://www.ctmc.org/care-services/creation-health-institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6 th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
PRN / Weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
The On-Call Hospice Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to hospice patients, in accordance with the physician’s orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care, with the goal of maintaining the comfort of the patient and family, and the highest quality of life that is possible, and in accordance with the standards of care and policies of CTMC Hospice.
· Able to perform basic nursing functions in all aspects of care required in the Hospice setting.
· Ensures the comfort and control of symptoms of hospice patients by provision of nursing care, teaching and support of patients and families, preparation of the patients and families for the patient’s death, and by arranging for the provision of supplies, equipment, and medications needed for the patient’s comfort.
· Responds to medical or emotional changes, crisis and/or death of patient and makes home visits to provide direct care as appropriate, providing appropriate counsel.
· Triages patient needs and schedule visits based on acuity, seeking assistance from the IDT as appropriate.
· Communicates with IDT members and facility staff members as needed for patient care.
· Maintains professional appearance, behavior, attitude and integrity.
· Responsible for insuring own clinical competence by maintaining professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities, and professional affiliations. Keeps abreast of current trends by reading professional articles and journals.
· Maintains accurate, complete documentation of care in the clinical record on admission and at all times thereafter, in accordance with established agency standards and within established timeframes.
What You Will Need:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.
· One year of experience in nursing
· Current Texas State Driver's License
· Proof of current liability insurance on file.
· Current certificate in C.P.R.from the AHA
To provide nursing services to hospice clients and their families in a variety of hospice settings during after business hours including weekends and holidays according to CTMC policy and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers.In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively coordinate with Administrator, Hospice Manager, Hospice Community Educator, Physicians, and other Home Health & Hospice Staff.Individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of safety information and hazardous chemicals.Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with the Case Manager.
Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
Education and Experience Preferred:
· A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
· One year of experience in hospice or home health
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.