AdventHealth Care Partner II EMT Full Time Days in Wauchula, Florida
Care Partner II EMT AdventHealth Wauchula
Location Address: 533 Carlton Street, Wauchula Florida, 33873
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wauchula
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Emergency medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
Transfers patients from beds onto gurneys or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
· Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
· Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
· Critical thinking / problem solving skills
· Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
· Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
· Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EMT or Paramedic or completion of Clinical III rotation in a professional nursing program
Basic computer skills
Customer service skills
Basic dysrhythmia interpretation class
Previous basic intravenous therapy class (LPN, EMT, Nurse Tech or Paramedic only)
CNA experience, minimum of 1 year or Unit Clerk experience, minimum of 1 year
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Previous 12-lead EKG experience
Previous EMT or Paramedic experience
Vascular sheath pull training/experience (Post-cardiac catheterization recovery)
Point of care glucose testing training
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Florida LPN, EMT or Paramedic license
BLS - condition of employment
CPI prior to or within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.