All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Night
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wauchula
Location Address: 735 S 5TH AVE, Wauchula, 33873
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
• Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
• Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
• Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
• Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
• Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
• Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
• Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
• Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
• Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
Maintains clinical competency.
• Attends mandatory hospital in-services and continuing education.
• Successful completion of annual skills fair.
• Participates in the patient/family care, utilizing established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team
• Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
• Maintains clinical competencies for patient population.
• Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
• Promptly reports changes in patients’ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
• Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
• Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
• Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms
• Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
• Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
• Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
• Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
• Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
• Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
• Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
• Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (Emergency Department only)
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or certificate of completion Nursing Assistant Program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Florida (Multi-State) C.N.A. License
• BLS -condition of employment
• CPI within 6 months of employment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
• Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
• Critical thinking / problem solving skills
• Teamwork, tact, and conflict resolution
• Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
• Basic computer skills
• Customer service skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Medical terminology
• Previous CNA Experience
• Previous CPI training
• Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23034790
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 735 S 5TH AVE
Pay Range: $17 - $22
Location: Wauchula, FL
Job ID: 23034790
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night