AdventHealth Patient Access Service Rep Full Time Days in Wauchula, Florida
Patient Access Service Rep Full Time Days AdventHealth Wauchula
Location Address: 533 Carlton Street, Wauchula Florida, 33873
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Sign on Bonus
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Ensure all insurance verification and authorizations are obtained prior to services being rendered when applicable.
- Ensure all notes/events are documented in the facilities Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ensure all signatures are obtained to complete a registration or admission; this includes the consent/living will, HIPAA, and Important Message from Medicare (IMM).
- Ensure collection of co-payment/deductible amounts on insured patients or submit to supervisor or designee for review/approval prior to outpatient procedure or inpatient discharge; or at time of discharge from ED.
- Ensure collection of self-pay customers, set up necessary financial arrangements or submit to supervisor / designee for review and approval prior to outpatient procedures or inpatient discharge; or at time of discharge from ED.
- Ensure complete and accurate information for patient documentation, including demographic and billing information per department guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and duties as assigned per policy. This includes EMTALA, JCAHO and HIPAA regulations. It is the representative’s responsibility to remain well informed through the intranet and/or department manual.
- Ensure coverage is maintained at the needed level by fulfilling the rotation call list as needed.
- Ensure favorable communication is promoted within the department and between other departments of the hospital.
- Ensure our patients and other customers are top priority and respond to their needs in a timely manner.
- Ensure the daily deposits are completed, primarily by the designated representative.
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Computer experience
- Collection experience
- Communication skills experience
- Customer service skills experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct Patient Access experience preferred
Responsible for directing customers and visitors to proper departments/floors. Responsible for the registration and/or admission of patients by obtaining complete and accurate information to facilitate other hospital activities requiring patient information. To obtain accurate insurance Information and required authorizations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.