AdventHealth AdventHealth Transport Paramedic PRN, Various Shift - Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
- Helps in completing medication, supplies and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Completes and submits logs as per department protocol. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and AH policy. Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Works as a team member, able to effectively communicate with other healthcare members. Provides a complete verbal and written document for hand off of care and patient safety.
- Basic computer skills
- Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program upon hire
- 2 years of Paramedic patient care experience upon hire
- Current Paramedic license with the State of Florida, Department of Health upon hire
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
- AVADE Education within 90 days of hire date.
- 8 hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually
- 8 hours Stroke Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually
Under general supervision the Emergency Transport Manager/Director, the Transport Paramedic is a professional team member who is responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The Paramedic shall provide basic and advanced life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and on line medical control. Working as a team member during transport, the Paramedic shall assess and provide patient care as per department protocols. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.