AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant AdventHealth Medical Group Bloomingdale in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Certified Medical Assistant AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Will Be Responsible For:
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Competent in basic patient work-up for examination.
- Good medical knowledge to assist doctor during patient exams.
- Ability to keep process and patient flow on time; competent with basic patient work up.
- Current basic computer skills, data input.
- Good business office organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required BLS (condition of employment)
- CMA /RMA Registered or Certified from a recognized Medical Assistant Program. This must be obtained within 90 days from the date of employment.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.