AdventHealth Clinical Pharmacist PRN in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
- Actively performs all pharmacy functions and maintains active proficiency in: Standard work parameters, Operational programs, Dispensing and compounding systems, Hospital computer systems, Medication ordering systems
- Oversees appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems, Accurately interprets electronic records, Maintains expertise in Cerner processes, Manages proper and complete patient profile record
- Accurately oversees the management of medication inventories and the preparation and dispensing of patient‐specific medication doses, Manages medication dispensing activities, Ensures accuracy of all medication products prepared for dispensing, Oversees oral and injectable product compounding, Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
- Completes critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and patient monitoring to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems Improper drug, dose, or dosage form selection, Dose frequency or timing, Subtherapeutic dosage, Over dosage, Adverse drug reactions or drug allergy, Drug interactions, Therapeutic duplication, Failure to receive drugs, Untreated indications, Medication use without an indication, Treatment failures
- Proficiently verifies/enters medication orders and proactively communicates with medical staff to resolve problem medication orders Incorrect medication orders, Ambiguous medication orders, Non-formulary medication orders, Home medication use requests, Inappropriate therapy
- One year of Contemporary hospital pharmacy experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
- Applicable State Pharmacy License
The Clinical Pharmacist shall support the mission of the hospital and pharmacy department by preventing, identifying and resolving drug related problems to assure patient safety, improve patient satisfaction and minimize costs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.