AdventHealth Emergency Medical Technician EMT Full Time Nights in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
- Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination.
- Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Helps in completing supply and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Refuels as per department protocol. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
- Works as a team while transporting, assisting in patient management and able to effectively communicate information to other health care members.
- Performs EMT skills in both emergency and non-emergent conditions. Able to assess and perform BLS on all age groups.
- Ensures patient documentation is accurate, complete and is in compliance at all times.
- Understands and appropriately uses equipment/systems in the department to include but not limited to the EPCR, Cerner, monitors and stretchers.
- Basic computer skills
- Graduated from an EMT program upon hire
- Associates of Science in health-related field
- 5-year experience emergency vehicle operations
- Ambulance transport experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current EMT license with the State of Florida, Department of Health upon hire
- Active Class E Florida Driver’s License, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with AH policy upon hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire
- AVADE Education within 6 months of hire date
- 8 hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually
- 8 hours Stroke Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehichle Operations Course (EVOC) preferred
Under general supervision the ED Trans Ground Manager, the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is an allied health care team member who is responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The EMT shall be the primary vehicle operator. Working as a team member during transport, the EMT shall assist in the delivery of patient care. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.