All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Benefits from Day One
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Shift : 24 hours per week (in 1 shift)
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
· From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
· Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
· 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
· Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
· Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
· Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
The role you’ll contribute: Under general supervision of the Program Manager, the Flight Nurse is responsible for the safe transport of critically ill and injured patients, working jointly with the flight paramedic or second flight nurse in patient care decisions. Completes and documents patient assessments, treatments, medication, reactions as per department protocols and AH policy. Adheres to all safety requirements while transporting patients, in and around vehicles/aircraft. Communicates patient updates to physicians with hand of care to receiving RN/MD and appropriate triage of urgency. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
· Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment and patient/family level of knowledge. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
· Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
· Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
· Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
· Initiates use of restraints per program policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
· Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner.
· Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
· Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
· Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
· Documents physical assessments in the electronic medical record. Assesses patients for desired and undesired changes in their mental/physical condition according to unit standards. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician and obtain appropriate intervention.
· Maintains a professional rapport with physicians, patients, and families. Utilizes communication skills appropriate to age-specific needs.
· Provides general supervision and guidance of permanent licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel and temporary nursing personnel i.e. – RN, LPN, PCT U.S, M.T. in the job functions for the delivery of safe, therapeutic and quality patient care outcomes.
· Provides competent and compassionate care to the patient with pain according to policy and our mission.
· Maintains a safe patient care environment including following fall risk specifications.
· Demonstrates ability to administer medications as ordered: PO, SQ, IV, IV PUSH, IVPB, IM, SL, PR, topical, and intradermal accurately and appropriately.
· Responds and participates in unit and hospital code situations. Utilizes knowledge and experience to treat the patient according to the standards of BLS and ACLS protocols.
· Demonstrates ability to provide safe, competent nursing care for the patient requiring oxygen supplementation or support.
· Demonstrates ability to administer, adjust and monitor response to IV medication infusions and IV medications in a safe, competent and independent manner.
· Transfers patients in a professional and competent manner.
· Verifies and signs off physician orders on all assigned patients.
· Obtains lab specimens as ordered and per policy and procedure.
· Evaluates and communicates patient’s response to medical nursing plan of care to appropriate team members.
· Evaluates effectiveness of care provided by other team members and reports outcomes as necessary.
· Completes and documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and FH policy.
· Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
· Adheres to safety requirements and applies caution remaining alert to hazards at all times, while transporting patients. Utilizes proficiency in radio communications and emergency procedures.
· Communicates patient updates to physicians and receiving units.
· Completes timely patient care documentation for patient hand off and safety.
· Works closely with critical care transport team members and ensures timely, safe transport of patients.
· Maintains proficiency in understanding and use of all aircraft systems and equipment.
· Ensures team shift responsibilities are completed: including equipment check, supply and medication inventory logs, maintains a “state of readiness” to be in compliance of state statues and maintains a clean work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
· Three years continuous experience in either the ER or a CCU which may include PICU, CICU, NICU (Neuro) and TICU.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year experience in either OB or PEDS
· ENPC Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
· One year experience in either fixed-wing or rotor aircraft
· Basic ability to navigate Microsoft Office apps
EDUCATION REQUIRED POST HIRE:
· IABP certification within 90 days
· LVAD (Impella) certified within 90 days
· Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification (CPI) within 6 months of hire
· NIHSS Certification within 6 months of hire date, then renewed biannually
· 4 hours Hip & Knee Replacement Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· 4 hours Stroke Education required within 6 months of hire, then annually
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
· Active and unrestricted Florida Nursing license
· Florida Paramedic certification (must obtain within 24 months of hire)
· CFRN Certified Flight Nurse
· ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support
· BCLS Basic Cardiac Life Support.
· PALS Pediatric Advanced Life Support
· NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Program
· TNCC Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum or
o TPATC Transport Professional Advanced Trauma Course
· AMCCC Air Medical Crew Core Curriculum
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION PREFERRED:
· CEN Certified Emergency Nurse or CCRN Critical Care Nurse
· Instructor status in any of the above required certifications
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23042066
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job ID: 23042066
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day