AdventHealth Informatics Optimization Specialist Intermediate in Wesley Chapel, Florida
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Award-winning IT Department
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
- Demonstrates a comprehensive level of functional knowledge of one of the following applications: iConnect and associated applications.
- Serves as a strong member of the Optimization team, dedicated to the identification of optimization aspects for development of electronic documentation solutions that support clinical workflow and practice and align with the current best practice standards.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of processes within the facility departments.
- Supports the designs, builds, and tests of clinical application components and makes organized recommendations for necessary changes.
- Communicates necessary changes made in the application among team members and site contacts as appropriate. Acts as the clinical IT point of contact at the local hospital and facilitates communication with AHS-IS staff with needed expertise to provide assistance.
- Facilitates or Leads team meetings, project meetings, and other meetings when requested.
- Plans and coordinates special optimization projects using project management skills, tools, and AHS-IS methodologies.
- Collaborates with hospital leadership, physicians, clinicians, PI, Quality, end users, vendors and associates to support the development and deployment of electronic applications or new functionality.
- Proactively assesses clinical workflow processes, identifies gaps, defines necessary process changes, and develops future workflows related to the optimization of new or existing solutions or functionality.
- Proactively assesses knowledge and use of clinical systems by nursing and medical staff. Conducts intentional regular rounding in all clinical and ancillary departments to support adoption. Provides immediate quick win education as needed.
- Conducts specified optimization audits and reports findings and recommendations to Regional Clinical Informatics Manager and Optimization Team
- Review reports /monitors data and outcome measures to evaluate user adoption of current and newly implemented systems and functionality. Knowledgably assesses data in relation to processes to improve clinical outcomes and IT system changes
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare related field
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 4 years in an informatics role participating in implementation, optimization, modification of EHR
- Cerner Millennium user experience > 5 year in an acute care hospital setting as care provider.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Experience with leading small groups or projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.