AdventHealth Lab Assistant II Full Time Days (3:30a-12:30p) Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Lab Assistant II Full Time AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Days (3:30a-12:30p) plus rotating weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ability to perform venipuncture and microtainer collection
- Ensure specimens are correctly labeled and orders are received
- Operates the automated specimen processor
- Documents temperatures of equipment, and performs preventative maintenance of equipment
- Performs Microbiology duties assigned, including Micro specimen processing, slide preparation and staining, culture setups, and handling positive blood cultures
- Preparation of specimens for reference laboratory(ies) including ensuring appropriate specimen requirements and documentation
- Ability to properly prioritize routine specimen receipt in the laboratory on a “first in – first out” basis. Stat and Alert specimens are prioritized before routine orders
- Ability to perform POC waived testing and ensures completion and acceptability of QC for POC waived tests as required
- Ability to keep prompt patient specimens flow to the laboratory from ED, monitoring laboratory pending in FirstNet and escalating delay for resolution.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma upon hire
- Must have completed one of the following; vocational/technical school, certification/training/apprenticeship program in Phlebotomy, Phlebotomy Technician or Certified Laboratory Assistant upon hire
The Laboratory Assistant II will be responsible for processing all types of lab specimens, phlebotomy as well as equipment preventative maintenance as needed. He/she will be scheduled for staffing the ED as needed in addition to the main laboratory
He/she will assist the Processing Area Supervisor to ensure the daily activities of the Lab Processing Area and the needs of the entire hospital are met.
Primary provider of orientation and training for newly hired, as well as, providing updated in-service to the Laboratory Assistants. Acts as the “In Charge” person over the Specimen Processing Area during the times the Processing Supervisor is not available.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.