AdventHealth Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse PRN in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Tours patients, families, and/or significant others pre-delivery. Provides information on the service and amenities of the Florida Hospital Obstetrical Unit.
- Assists patient and family members in Birth Plan development and personal preference sheet.
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Care, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s performance Excellence Program.
- Maintains working knowledge of Florida Hospital programs offered to pregnant patients and their families. Offering our resources, educating moms about programs, assisting with appointments and scheduling for programs such as: Lactation, Prenatal Education, Pediatricians, Anesthesia, Baby safety, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the hospital and patients, physician office staff, patient’s families and/or significant others by rounding daily to determine the customer’s need and satisfaction with services provided. Assists in obtaining needed services. Reports patient, family, and/or significant other concerns to team members, birth advocate, supervisor, and/or Nurse Manager as indicated for resolution. Actively works on issues that can be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Triages telephone calls and provides requested information to potential customers in the community.
- Compiles patient education material for patient education packets, monitors supply usage and maintains availability of supplies as indicated. Supplies physician offices with materials as requested.
- Collaborates with Concierge in patient wish fulfillment
Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
Basic computer skills to include Outlook and Microsoft Word.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.