AdventHealth Nursing Director Oncology in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
- Ensures that oncology nursing care is provided by nurses with specialized knowledge and skills.
- Verifies staff have current license and certifications, and ensures staff is compliant with annual mandatory requirements.
- Successfully manages the daily activities of clinical and non-clinical staff to optimize patient care, safety, and engagement; includes supervising staff, allocating appropriate resources to achieve budget, and serving as a liaison with other departments.
- Develops the annual budget, plans capital projects and ensures the budget is administered within hospital guidelines.
- Interviews, hires, orients, leads, mentors and evaluates performance of clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Develops, implements and enforces policies, procedures and standards reflective of evidence-based practice.
- Provides clinical perspective for pharmacological and/or billing situations requiring group discussion and decision-making.
- Anticipates emerging trends in cancer care and evaluates impact on current services technology and market.
- Ensures continuity of care between inpatient and outpatient oncology services.
- Associates degree in Nursing required upon hire
- Minimum of three years of management/leadership in a health care environment required upon hire
- Oncology experience required upon hire
- Current State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse upon hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire
- Eight hours Hip and Knee Replacement/Spine Education within 6 months of hire, then annually
- Eight hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of a 24-bed medical oncology nursing unit to ensure quality, cost effective health care is provided by an educated and competent team. Responsible for clinical quality, patient safety at patient experience at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel. Provides day-to-day operational guidance and leadership. Collaborates in budgetary, transformational, research and clinical performance improvement activities, striving for optimal outcomes for staff and patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.