AdventHealth PCT/HUC Full Time Days M/S Unit w Telemetry in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Patient Care Tech/Health Unit Coordinator AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Work Hours/Shift: FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
The PCT/HUC responsibilities include but are not limited to patient care and assisting patients with activities for daily living including documentation of services, safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher and phlebotomy services. Provides the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit. The unit coordinator/secretary through communication, requisitioning and management of supplies and equipment, coordinates the activities of the nursing staff, the patient, the physician, other hospital departments and visitors. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.Qualifications
NOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated clinical competence in relevant area of acute care nursing.
· Ability to float between assignments.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
· Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and document information accurately.
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Ability to remain calm and focused during in stressful and/or emotionally charged situations.
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to be highly detail oriented.
· Demonstrated customer service skills with a patient centric approach.
· Basic hands-on computer knowledge and MS Office Word.
· Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
· Ability to work flexible hours, rotate call and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Phlebotomy experience preferred.
· Knowledge of computerized Cerner documentation preferred.
· Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· High School diploma preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· One of the following: current state of FL CNA license OR current state of FL EMT license, OR Medical Assisting diploma, OR completion of Fundamentals of Nursing course (transcript), OR completion of Multidimensional Nursing Care 1 course (transcript) upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI required upon hire.
· 8 hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.