AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Radiology Imaging - PRN Days - Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Registered Nurse PRN AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
- PRN/ Days - Night/ Weekend Call Requirement
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiates use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered
What You Will Need:
- Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
- Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree upon hire
- One year hospital nursing experience upon hire OR successful completion of the AHWC Graduate Nurse Training Program
- Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
- Current American Heart Association (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
- Current American Heart Association (PALS) certification or RQI upon hire.
- Current NIHSS certification upon hire.
- 1 hour of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
- 1 hour Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.