All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Night Shift, Hours Vary
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
The role you’ll contribute:
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible to the director. The Respiratory Therapist delivers care to patients under the direction/delegation of the physician. Must be able to perform satisfactorily the specific competencies as outlined by the department. Must effectively interact
with patient, families, physicians and other health team members while maintaining standards of respiratory care practice and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. Reports pertinent observations, interventions, and patient responses to the Registered Nurse and/or physician. Demonstrates sound judgment regarding observations, findings and concerns. The Respiratory Therapist serves as a resource for the department practitioners, students and the interdisciplinary
team, using critical thinking and decision-making skills in the delivery of quality patient care. Must contribute to the achievement of the Dashboard Measurements as well as patient, customer, and employee satisfaction.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Responsible for the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications.
· Knows and follows the indications and contraindications, the policy and procedures in administering therapeutic modalities to include: PAP, IS, USN, HHN.
· Sets up and monitors oxygen administration.
· Sets up oxygen cylinders and assures proper usage and safety measures are in place.
· Performs bedside spirometry tests. May be requested to perform test in PFT lab following adequate training and/or orientation
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Three (3) years acute care hospital experience required upon hire
· Graduate of an accredited 2-year (AS degree) Respiratory Care Program upon hire
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current state license (RRT) upon hire
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire
· American Heart Association ACLS certification or RQI within 2 weeks of hire date
· American Heart Association PALS certification or RQI within 2 weeks of hire date
· NRP certification within 90 days of hire date
· 8 hours Hip and Knee Replacement/Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23033905
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $32.959 - $32.959
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job ID: 23033905
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 3 - Night