AdventHealth Security Officer FT Days in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
- Conduct walking tours of the campus.
- Ability to use the fire alarm panel.
- Ability to properly inventory, secure and reissue personal effects / valuables.
- Report maintenance work orders via the ARC website from discoveries while performing walking tours.
- Ability to properly respond to codes.
- Demonstrates the ability to fully operate the security camera and door lock system called On Guard and Lenel.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the organization’s overall mission.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
- Responsibly follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous hospital environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to read, comprehend at the 12th grade level
- Ability to use Outlook e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to program card access to the door security system and perform audit trails
- Ability to do forensic research on the camera security system to locate past events and save to file for evidence
- Ability to remain calm during stressful events such as dealing with violent persons, responding to emergencies or any of the disaster codes.
- Ability to hand write and type reports of activities that have occurred on shift
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months’ experience in security, law enforcement, corrections or military service; or combination thereof.
- Class D Security License upon hire
- CPR/BLS Certification preferred
Provide a safe and secure environment both inside and outside the hospital on hospital grounds. Provide way finding assistance for visitors, assist in the restraint of Baker Act patients, and provide assistance with the movement and storage of the deceased, collection and safe storage of personal valuables from patients, be a first responder for fires and all codes and assess and report maintenance needs of the buildings on campus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.