AdventHealth Surgical Tech First Assist Full Time Days Possible $10,000 Sign-On Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates with the professional nurse in planning for and preparing for surgical procedures in the assigned areas.
· Sets up sterile instruments and supplies and assists the surgeon with instruments, sutures and supplies during the course of surgery.
· Observes and reports to the professional nurse pertinent observations, sterile technique, the patient’s physical condition and doctors’ needs.
· Assists in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
· Demonstrates initiative by performing other functions such as cleaning the room, including the floor, between surgeries.
· Responsible for watching and protecting sterile items and for staying in the assigned sterile area and keeping unsterile people and unsterile objects from contaminating sterile area or self.
· Maintains proper position during all cases so as not to contaminate self and supplies or hamper progress of the surgery.
· Assists in training new OR personnel, as requested.
· Directly responsible for appropriate use of department equipment and supplies required in standard care of patients. Prudent use of equipment, supplies, time and personnel will prevent monetary loss or damage to resources that could be minimal or substantial.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated specialization in one or more surgical areas as determined by Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology. (First Assist) upon hire
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a scrub technician in a multi-specialty setting required upon hire
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire
· Current Surgical Technician First Assist certification upon hire
· Eight hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine surgery education within 6 months of hire, then annually
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.