AdventHealth Surgical Technician NonCert Full Time Nights Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates with the professional nurse in planning for and preparing for surgical procedures in the assigned areas.
· Observes and reports to the professional nurse pertinent observations, sterile technique, the patient’s physical condition and doctors’ needs.
· Assists in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
· Demonstrates initiative by performing other functions such as cleaning the room, including the floor, between surgeries.
· Responsible for watching and protecting sterile items and for staying in the assigned sterile area and keeping unsterile people and unsterile objects from contaminating sterile area or self.
· Assists in training new OR personnel, as requested.
· Directly responsible for appropriate use of department equipment and supplies required in standard care of patients. Prudent use of equipment, supplies, time and personnel will prevent monetary loss or damage to resources that could be minimal or substantial.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
· Responsible for assembly of case carts for surgical cases on daily basis.
· Assist staff by running for necessary sterile instruments or items needed during a surgical case.
· Assist with gathering necessary equipment for surgical cases.
· Assist with opening sterile supplies/ instruments.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology upon hire (Surgical Services only)
· Completion of the on the job training program and check off on developed competencies (Baby Place only)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Minimum 1 years’ experience as a scrub technician in a multi-specialty setting preferred
· 1 year of recent endoscopy experience preferred (Surgical Services only)
· Associates Degree in related field preferred
· 1 year of recent OB experience preferred (The Baby Place only)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI required upon hire
· Eight hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education within 6 months of hire, then required annually (not required for The Baby Place)
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
Reporting to the Director, the Non-Certified Surgical Tech is responsible for assisting the surgical team. The Non-Certified Surgical Tech maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field. In addition, the Non-Certified Surgical Tech will scrub for all surgical cases in the department and performs tasks as necessary for the efficient and effective functioning of the operating room, as well as the delivery of quality care. Also, performs a variety of non-nursing functions. All duties are performed in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures. The position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of AdventHealth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.