AdventHealth Telemetry Supervisor FT Day in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
- Individual must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- 1. Provides services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
Adolescent: 13 years to 17 years
Adult: 18 years to 64 years
Geriatric: 65 +years
- 2. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
- 3. Observes monitors closely. Informs Registered Nurse of changes and records changes as they occur.
- 4. Posts, analyses, and documents strips every 8 hours and PRN.
- 5. Uses pager system and nurse call system competently.
- 6. Keeps patient log up to date including admissions, transfers, non-telemetry, discharge and vacant bed status.
- 7. Follows Hospital Policy on confidentiality concerning patients charts and information obtained.
- 8. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Must pass hospital EKG proficiency exam
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Previous hospital experience as a telemetry technician required.
- Conduct crucial conversations with direct reports as needed
- Counsel and give progressive corrective actions to staff as needed
- Perform duties of timekeeper including but not limited to time and attendance, approve timesheets, and approve PDO requests
- Conduct monthly 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- High School Diploma or equivalent upon hire
- 1 year hospital experience as a telemetry technician required upon hire
- Completion of EKG Course Preferred
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI required upon hire.
- 8 hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
The Telemetry Supervisor oversees and observes the telemetry monitors on the Telemetry Unit and reporting any changes or arrhythmias to the Telemetry Nurses. Scans in all telemetry strips into the electronic medical record to be viewable by providers. Completes various clerical duties during the course of a shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.