AdventHealth WC-Executive Chef Manager in Wesley Chapel, Florida
Executive Chef Manager AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Under the supervision of the Food Service Director, the Executive Chef Manager functions in a management capacity to plan, direct, and evaluate the purchase, production, presentation and pricing of food and services for patient room service, cafeteria and catering at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel. The Executive Chef Manager will ensure that the standards of safety, nutritional value, quality and performance are maintained and advanced. Responsible for recipe, menu and concept development within established departmental guidelines. Responsible for inventory management. Ensures conformance with The Joint Commission, DNV, state and local regulations as well as compliance with all HACCP, department, FHMMC and AH policies and procedures.
This position has primary responsibility for the direction and development of culinary staff and inventory positions. Assures that food production employees are properly trained and supported in order to accomplish their job routines. Conducts ongoing culinary education in all aspects of food and cooking. Develops and evaluates staffing levels for current and forecasted needs. Organizes food production staff in order to ensure a cost-efficient operation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Computer knowledge and skill including the ability to use MS Office spreadsheet applications and word processing programs.
- Experience in purchasing and analyzing department budgets.
- Working knowledge of complex, multi-faceted, high volume food service operation.
- Experience in a customer service environment with demonstrated excellent customer skills.
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple operations and maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to organize, lead, motivate and direct culturally diverse work teams and function in a management role; must demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to instruct in all phases of culinary activity and lead change processes.
- Proven ability in menu planning and recipe development.
- Must have strong marketing and promotion skills.
- Computer proficiency required in addition to excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years executive chef or food service management experience in a large, high-volume operation required upon hire
- AOS Degree (or equivalent) in Culinary Arts upon hire
- Demonstrated expertise equivalent to a two-year Culinary Arts degree through post-secondary education. May include certificates from technical schools, documented apprentice programs, military food service or culinary leadership programs, ACF certifications, CDM/DT certificate programs or industry-based certifications that in total approximate traditional formal associates-level education.
- Ten or more years of documented management-level leadership in an Executive Chef (or similar role) will be equivalent to the required combination of education/experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor degree in Hotel/ Restaurant Management or related field preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current FL Driver’s license upon hire
- Current Serve Safe or other food safety or HACCP certification upon hire
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Culinary Certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.