All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Sign On Bonus/Relocation***
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for managing assigned selected aspects of laboratory processes or shifts, which may include workflow, quality control process, writing/reviewing procedures, performance improvement activities, training of new employees, advanced problem solving for customers and coworkers, department equipment or computer maintenance and upgrades, or other tasks assigned. Assists department leadership with meeting goals in all areas. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Prepares staff schedule preparation and workflow assignments as required • Recognizes that the attainment of knowledge is every employee's responsibility & accepts accountability for staying current on all written or electronic communication• Manages quality assessment and technical oversight, problem solving, scheduling, interviewing applicants, provides input for staff performance, oversees training and competency evaluations• Manages employees in hiring, coaching, or termination with limited supervision from leadership• May assist with Standard Operating Procedures and document control• Assess competencies according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations• Assists the Laboratory management with special projects as assigned. • Reads, examines, and interprets complex test results. Serves as a resource and addresses complex tests/procedures• Manages instrument maintenance and troubleshooting practices
• Leads quality control and quality assurance testing• Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities• Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients• Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students. • Provides guidance to technical and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to includeproper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment• Responsibility for local LIS management, including, but not limited to, requests for new test builds and edits and maintenance of instrument interfaces and LIS regulatory validations.• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or related field or equivalent education and training
3 years of Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
In licensure states, Laboratory Licensure in appropriate specialty for the department or location assignment as applicable to the state -OR -
In non-licensure states, must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement
Medical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23032924
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 2200 FOWLER GROVE BOULEVARD
Pay Range: $32.19 - $48.28
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Job ID: 23032924
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day