YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOU APPLICATION
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 2200 FOWLER GROVE BOULEVARD, Winter Garden, 34787
The community you’ll be caring for:
· AdventHealth Winter Garden has delivered care to the West Orange County since 2015 and will be expanding to add a 3-floor, 80-bed inpatient tower opening summer 2022, becoming a full-service hospital to serve the community of Winter Garden.
· The AdventHealth Winter Garden tower expansion will include new ancillary and clinical spaces such as an expanded Surgery department, Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
· Working at AdventHealth Winter Garden, you’ll be surrounded with a team dedicated to bringing exceptional mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of a growing West Orange County.
· AdventHealth Winter Garden is conveniently located in the Winter Garden Village, minutes from beautiful downtown Winter Garden and nearby Walt Disney World and premier attractions of Orlando.
· AdventHealth Winter Garden offers competitive benefits that support your growth professionally and personally offering debt-free education and competitive benefits from day one.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The MRI technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
· Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s
· Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
· Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on MRI scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
· Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary notify physician of emergent findings according to established protocol
· Enforces MRI zone entrance and fire safety protocol
· May oversee QC, QA programs and or accrediting functions
· Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications - External
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Must be certified by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(MR).
· Must hold state license where applicable
· Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Garden
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23033357
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 2200 FOWLER GROVE BOULEVARD
Pay Range: $41.718 - $41.718
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Job ID: 23033357
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day