AdventHealth Sonographer AHI Winter Garden PRN in Winter Garden, Florida
Sonographer -AdventHealth Centra Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Manager. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam.
- Reviews all images on Ultrasound machine or Web and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Rescans patient as requested by Radiologist.
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS when needed. Notifies EAC and transmits required worksheet and requisition for all after hours cases. Effective knowledge of all Information Systems used in the Ultrasound department.
- Performs a full range of diagnostic ultrasound procedures and operates all ultrasound equipment in department. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics).
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program
- Must be active and in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Must be ARDMS licensed in Abdomen, OB/GYN,
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- ARDMS licensed in BR
- Vascular Registry (RVT)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.