All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Thursday, Friday, Saturday 1000 - 223
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
· AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
· As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
· High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
· Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision performs General Sonographic procedures in accordance with department protocols. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager. Always follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Reviews all images on Ultrasound machine or IMPAX (PACS) and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Rescans patient as requested by Radiologist. Is open to critique of exams by Radiologist and/or department Manager/ Educator. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
· Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Demonstrates ability to coordinate acceptable patient throughput in either an IP and/or OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity. Follows direction from Manager and Lead Sonographer. All FT and PT dayshift/weekday employees must participate in the System back up call rotation. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
· Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS when needed. Notifies Radiologist Facilitator (RF) and transmits required worksheet and requisition for all after-hours cases. Effective knowledge of all Information Systems used in the Ultrasound department. [Data Processing]
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Graduate of Ultrasound Program
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· A minimum of two of the following American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) specialty examinations:
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Abdomen (AB)
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) – Breast (BR)
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) – Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Haven ER
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24002270
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $29.46 - $44.19
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Job ID: 24002270
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day