AdventHealth Advanced Radiation Therapist in Winter Park, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Winter Park
Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Assesses the patients’ needs and actively seeks to resolve any potential problems or conflicts. Seeks advice from chief therapist/supervisor as necessary. Treats the patient in a timely and courteous manner. Handles stressful situations appropriately and demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients of all ages. Clinically observes patient reactions to treatment and assists in accommodating the patient through the treatment process.
- Verifies the physician’s prescription and treatment parameters daily to ensure accurate treatment of the patient in accordance with the prescription and treatment plan. Identifies the treatment volume and positions the patient in a consistent and reproducible manner.
- Performs all aspects of CT Simulation. Under the direction of the physician or non-physician practitioner, administers contrast agents during simulation localization. Immediately reports and documents adverse reactions to the managing physician and Site Leader.
- Evaluates prescribed imaging and makes requested changes within 24 hours. Accurately documents treatment information in the patient electronic health record (EHR). Utilizes the record and verify system.
- Reviews all new starts for consistency prior to treatment. Checks the blocks, simulation documents, dose calculation sheet, prescription, field photos to verify patient positioning and field orientation. Checks record and verify system for prescription, treatment parameters, doses, treatment accessories and monitor units. Documents in the EHR that the medical plan was reviewed for consistency.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Radiation Therapist
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Computer literate
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with patients appropriately
- Graduate of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Radiation Therapy Program
- Record and verify system
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience
The Radiation Therapist - Advanced is a registered and licensed professional who is responsible for administering therapeutic radiation in accordance with the physician’s prescription to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.