AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN or Physician Assistant, PA-C –
Full Time Position
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Winter Park – Winter Park, FL
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of injuries or illness of patients with GI related conditions in the inpatient and outpatient setting - New patient consults, follow ups, pre/post procedural follow up, patient education
• Treating patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus including but not limited to: Barrett’s Esophagus, Colorectal Cancer Screening, Colonoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, ERCP, GERD, IDB, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Liver Disease, Upper GI Disorders
• AdventHealth Winter Park hospital will be the primary hospital covered, but will occasionally require coverage at AdventHealth East Orlando as well
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients and the public
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills are a must.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Willingness to learn.
• 1-2 Years Experience as an ARNP or PA-C in Gastroenterology preferred
• Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant studies
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC (or equivalent) or NCCPA certification
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-winter-park)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: WP-A031-DHI-GI-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Winter Park, FL
Job ID: WP-A031-DHI-GI-Repl
Job Family: Physician Services