Opportunities in the ICU – AdventHealth Central Florida
AdventHealth Winter Park
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando “America's Best Hospitals 2022-2023." - U.S. News & World Report
#2 Hospital in the State of Florida 2022
#1 Healthiest Workplace in Central Florida for Companies with 10,000 or more team members - SpringBuk
We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s to serve as members of our expanding critical care team. The APP assist in management of critically ill patients in our closed ICU. The ideal candidate would apply specialized skills and knowledge related to ICU settings to contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting and provides leadership to the organization.
The APP under the supervision and direction of the Physician and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital: (other duties as assigned)
• Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings
• Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
• Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents as necessary
• Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
• Procedures performed but not limited to: inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment, CPR; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; and defibrillation
• directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols
• Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
• 14 - 12-hour night shifts are required per month
• 2 weekends per month are required
• Hours are 7 PM to 7 AM (night)
• Campus: AH Winter Park
• Master’s Degree in Nursing (Acute Care Certificate required) or Physician Assistant (PA) Studies
• 5 years of ICU RN experience OR 3 years as APRN in the ICU
• 3 years as a PA in the ICU OR 5 years as a PA in a surgical specialty
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C License
• Acute Care Certificate Required for APRN’s
• Current ACLS and BLS certification
• FCCS, ATLS certifications (highly preferred but not required)
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-winter-park)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: A158-CEL_1
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.